Disable and Enable Hardware Modules at runtime

Hello all,

I have a new project where the main request is to select some X20 modules (where some optional components are connected) and disabled them on runtime based on the selected optionals/configuration. The modules will be installed in the middle and also at the end of the PLC rack. I am unsure if the ‘mappIO’ service can accomplish this task. Could someone please confirm this for me to avoid wasting time?

In the past, I used the ‘AsIO’ library to create and remove various hardware configurations. However, it was not as user-friendly neither quick to use.

I remember in Codesys to be able to easily disable any module that was configured in the HW configuration in order to not have an error if that module is not installed physically.
I’ll be grateful if you can help me with this.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Luca,
unless there are some specific conditions or modules you are trying to use and are not supported by mappIO it’s relatively easy to use mappIO for modifying hardware configurations.

If you haven’t already check out the help here B&R Online Help - mappIO

Also read through the Use cases section in the help and check out the mappServiceHighlights sample which you can find under your AS install folder > Samples and contains a mappIO implementation.

If you have additional questions please don’t hesitate to reach back out.

2 Likes