mappView MouseOver functionality?

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to introduce MouseOver events in B&R Automation Studio mappView, and how I might go about doing that? All I am looking to do is to create a simple button that will change colour when you hover over it, but I can’t work out how I would go about creating it.

Any help/advice would be great! :slight_smile:

@ruairidh
Hello and welcome to the B&R Community.
I think what you are looking for are Hover Buttons, you can read more about the concept of them here.
mappView HoverButton

Let us know if this does what you want to do?

1 Like

Hi @marcel.voigt, thanks for your reply!

I am looking for something similar to this but not exactly. I am looking for a button that changes colour without any mouse click at all. Just simply when the cursor is not over it, it is one colour, and then when you hover your cursor over it it changes to another colour until you move your cursor away again, at which point it goes back to it’s original colour (exactly like what happens when you hover your cursor over the Reply button on this forum).

OK thanks for clarifying and yes I agree that would be a nice feature.
Since there is no event we can trigger within mappView I don’t believe that functionality is possible at the moment. Maybe other community members have ideas they can share. We will certainly take the request and share it with the team handling mappView.

Hi guys,

I’m currently working on a implementation of new styling properties for some widgets:

• hoverBorderColorExt
  • hoverBorderWidthExt
  • hoverBackColorExt
  • hoverTextColorExt
  • hoverBackGroundGradientExt
  • hoverImageColorExt
  • hoverShadowExt

And a classic property to enable usage of those styling properties.
At the moment I’ve done it only for widget “Button”, but in future I will extend it to some other.

If your interested I can give you more informations.

Regards,
Florent

Hi Florent,

Yes that sounds great, exactly what I was looking for! If you have more information, then I would love to hear it, thank you.

Ruairidh

Here you can find an example of what i’m working on:
HoverPropertiesExample

I would like to notify that’s not an official B&R Widget and B&R will not support this.

I’m working on a fork on this github repository (GitHub - br-automation-com/mappView-CustomWidgets: Collection of new and modified mappView widgets)

My fork is here (GitHub - FBoissadier/mappView-CustomWidgets: Collection of new and modified mappView widgets)

I’m need to check more about the transition time.

Then I need to implement thoses properties on other widgets, which widget are you using that needs hover properties ?

Regards,
Florent

2 Likes

Hi Florent,

Wow, that looks amazing!

So far I have only been wanting to use it with a regular Button, but I suppose it would also be good if it could be used with a Navigation Button as well (or just any other type of button).

Ruairidh

I will take a look about other buttons widget integration.
I will try to make some updates here but I think check sometimes the B&R github repository to have the available widgets.

I just add again a warning, this isn’t official and B&R will not make support about thoses custom widgets!