Error after mappMotion upgrade [5.24 -> 5.31] (-1067377735)

Hi all!

Can anyone point me in the right direction how to fix this error?

image

It popped up after switching from 5.24 to 5.31.

I tried checking Hardware.hw, but I didn’t see anything unusual. It seems there was an issue like this before:

Currently I’m still trying to figure out how to fix it manually… Maybe some of the B&R colleagues can check out the previous ticket? :slight_smile:
Hopefully that gives a hint on whats causing this issue and how to workaround it manually…

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards!
Marcel

I think I’ve found the issue:

In my upgraded project, the first ACOPOS P3 had

<Parameter ID="McAcoposTypeID" Location="DriveConfiguration/Module" Value="AcoposP3DConfig" />

at the top. I noticed in a newly created project as well as for the second ACOPOS P3, it had a different value

<Parameter ID="McAcoposTypeID" Location="DriveConfiguration/Module" Value="AcoposP3TConfig" />

After I changed it, it’s working again! :slight_smile:

BR!

Hi @krausertm ,

glad you found the solution. What I am interested in, since I already started looking into reproducing it here, just for completeness: Which exact hardware module does your project have? P3DConfig is for dual axis, P3TConfig for triple axis, afaict.
Full name please, if possible :slight_smile:

Thanks and best regards
Michael

Hi @michael_w

both drives are 8EI8X8MWTS0.xxxx-1

They’ve been with 5.24 too! I traced it back in and it seems that 2024 a dual P3 was replaced with a triple axis one, but the McAcoposTypeID did not change!

Versions at that time were:
AS: 4.11.6.26
mappMotion: 5.16.0 XT

So I don’t think there’s an issue in the current mappMotion versions… You could try to check if replacing a dual ACOPOS with a triple one in AS6 still leaves that parameter unchanged though…

Best Regards!