Read / Write Connectors and Gateway I/Os from Legacy APROL R 3.2-02

Hello
I need to read /write Connectors running on a legacy APROL R 3.2-02 from a new APROL R 4.2-07. For Connectors running on a Controller i use PDA coupling and InaDriver. Additional i want to read /write Connectors and Gateway I/Os running on the Runtime System. It is not possible to change and download the legacy APROL, all configurations has to be done on the new APROL.
Does somebody has any idea how to do this?

Hello Walter,

im not quite sure if you can read a Gateway Connector via INA Driver directly.
In my Understanding you can read / write all Variables wich are logged in iosys DB, Hardware Connectors are therefore unable to read over INA.

If its possible, than all you have to do is to make a new Connection at a Controller on your R4.2-07 System.

Hope this helps

Hello Walter,

maybe it is possible with Compatibility Connection under APROL connection in your CC Configuration. However, not sure if it’s not APROL E only.

Here in Aprol Help:
https://help.br-automation.com/#/en/APROL/654dc79e8555ea62ca4cba48

Hello Klaus

Thank you for your advice.
I need to read Variables from a remote System. How can i in this case configure die IP-Address of the remote System?

Hello Juraj

Thank you. I already tried this and it did not work as expected. Then i used PDA coupling which works fine for Variables running on Controller Tasks. My goal is to read variables running on Control Computer Tasks.

As far as my Knowledge goes, its only possilble for Varaibales on a Controller Task.

Is there a Chance that you cant get the desired Informations from a “blue” Connector on a Controller Task?
If Yes, than you can use the “Controller2Ina” Connection which i showed in my first Post. But it only works in a Class D Network by using the last Part of the IP Adress.

May i ask why its not possible to Download on the legacy System?

I can access blue Connectors running on Controller Tasks.
I really want to avoid to download to the legacy System, because it is very old and implemented by another company and i don’t want to risk any failures. The legacy System is still running until all Controllers are taken over to the new System.

If you can get the wanted Information from a Blue Connector, than its a Simple Solution.

1. Open the Controller from your R4.2-07 CAE-Manager and go to the “APROL-Kopplung” Page
    2a. Create a Instance of “INA-Querkopplung” (INA-CrossCommunication)
    If you already have an Instance of “INA-Querkopplung” then Skip this Step
    2b. Right Klick on “ApCnfIna” and add a new Connection
  • Give the New Connection a Name (e.g. Name of the Legacy Controller)
  • Add the Routing Path Informations (Interface + Last IP Segment of the Legacy Controller)
    (e.g. IF2.6E) = Ethernet Interface of a 2005 CPU + IP Segment (110 in Hex)
  • Add the Cycletimes of the Connection
  1. Add New Read-Variables to your Connection
    !! Put the Verbose Level to maximum to get all the Information !!
  • Variable: Name the Variable on the New System
  • I/O-Typ: Format of the Variable (e.g. INT)
  • Remote PV-Name: Name of the Variable on the Legacy System !! Most important Information, it has to be absolutly correct!!

4 Optional

• If you want to Monitor this Connection than you have to Add all the Variables of the Connection (ConUsed, ConStP, ConStPErr, etc…) Name them exactly as given by the System.
  • Add the C2I SysMon Extension to your Controller and put in all the Informations
  • Maybe add some Kind of Watchdog to your Connection to Verify the Read Data. (If the Connection Fails, the Data wich was last read will stay in the Green Connector)

If you Follow this Steps and the desired Data is on a Controller on your Legacy System, it should Work!
I have done this Multiple Times with different Kinds of Aprol Releases (R2.0 up to R4.2)

Thank you very much for your effort, but i think you missunderstood me. I already can read Variables from the legacy Controller. I want to read Variables from the Control Computer (Leitrechner) as shown in my screenshot in the initial post.

Hallo Walter,

I’m not sure if this works, because the gap between APROL R3.2-02 and R4.2-07 is quite big (more than 15 y).
But there is the possiblity to use the Iosys-Coupling, where Iosys can fetch data from a foreign Iosys.

https://help.br-automation.com/#/en/APROL/654dcae64b821121a825975d

Be aware that Iosys TCP ports changed from the older version to now.
So you also have to do a port redirection, somewhere between the two systems (e.g. firewall)

BR

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Sorry for my late answer, i hab some days off. I will try this solution, as you mentioned, the big gap could be a challenge.

1 Like