Help Needed: Configuring B&R APC820 and 8BVI0055HWD0.000-1 Servo Drive

Hello everyone,

I have a B&R APC820 controller, model 5PC820.SX01-01, which is currently not configured. I would like to configure it and test its communication with an 8BVI0055HWD0.000-1 ACOPOSmulti servo drive.

The APC820 has a 10 GB CompactFlash card. I installed Windows XP Embedded SP3, and the APC820 boots successfully into Windows.

I would appreciate guidance on the following points:

  1. Which version of B&R Automation Studio is compatible with the APC820 and Windows XP?
  2. Is a trial or temporary license available for testing and commissioning?
  3. Which B&R software, cables, and communication interfaces are required to connect my engineering PC to the APC820?
  4. Can the servo drive be configured directly from the APC820, or must I create and download an Automation Studio project from an engineering PC?
  5. How can I configure the servo drive and test basic communication and motion safely?
  6. Is ARwin required? If so, which version is compatible with this APC820 and servo drive?
  7. Are any special drivers or settings required for communication between the APC820 and the 8BVI servo drive?

My objective is to create a basic B&R project, establish communication between the APC820 and the servo drive, and perform a safe motor test.

Any advice regarding the correct Automation Studio version, required hardware, licensing, communication settings, and commissioning procedure would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Nayef

For the APC820 there are hardware upgrades for ASV 3.0 and AS V4.0.
5PC820.SX01-01 | B&R Industrial Automation
So probably AS V4.12 could work. You need for ARWin an old AR Runtime version 4.5, but perhaps AR embedded could also work.
This is an old system. Was the system not delivered with licenses/dongles ?
If you give a serial number of the device on B&R website in Search-field you would be able to get more information.
Normally the connection is made with a powerlink card placed in the 5PC820.SX01-01.