Issue with AsIOACC Channel Name

Hi! I am looking to get the CRC of the SafeCommissioning Options from an X20SLX811 module.

I have successfully managed to get the CRC of the SafeApplication on the module using the channel name ‘ApplSDcrc’. However, when trying to get the CRC of the SafeCommissioning Option using the channel name ‘ApplSfComOptCRC’, I am getting an incorrect channel name error (30192). Everything else between these two attempts is unchanged.

I am thinking that potentially the name from the channel list in the automation studio help (04e4ddfc-d54a-45ec-a8ac-1a74a7dc4f11) is incorrect? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Extra information
AR version: I4.93
mappSafety: 5.24.1
X20SLX811 version: 2.4.1.1
X20 CPU: X20CP0483
X20SLX Address: IF6.ST3

And the code being used:

VAR CONSTANT
	APP_CRC_CHANNEL_NAME : STRING[9] := 'ApplSDcrc';
	COMM_CRC_CHANNEL_NAME : STRING[15] := 'ApplSfComOptCRC';
	DEVICE_NAME : STRING[7] := 'IF6.ST3';
END_VAR
VAR
	ReadAppCRC : AsIOAccRead := (enable:=TRUE);
	ReadCommCRC : AsIOAccRead := (enable:=TRUE);
END_VAR

PROGRAM _INIT	
	ReadAppCRC.pDeviceName := ADR(DEVICE_NAME);
	ReadAppCRC.pChannelName := ADR(APP_CRC_CHANNEL_NAME);

ReadCommCRC.pDeviceName := ADR(DEVICE_NAME);
	ReadCommCRC.pChannelName := ADR(COMM_CRC_CHANNEL_NAME);
END_PROGRAM

PROGRAM _CYCLIC
	ReadAppCRC();
	ReadCommCRC();
END_PROGRAM

PROGRAM _EXIT
END_PROGRAM

Hello Jackson,
welcome to the B&R Community!

Regarding the datapoint for the SafeCommissioning CRC you should know that this is some internal CRC value so I don’t know if it will be useful for you.

Anyway I can also confirm that Help is wrong in this case - the correct name should be “ApplMOptCRC” (and “ApplMOptTime” for the timestamp).

We already started internal steps to get this fixed…

3 Likes

Hi Roman. Thanks for the fast response.

That channel name seem to work correctly. As you said though, I was expecting it to correspond to the CRC for the SafeCOMMISSIONING file in SafeDesigner/mappSafety. Similar to how the safeApplication CRC is in the ‘ApplSDcrc’.

Would the only way to access the SafeCOMMISSIONING CRC be to use the sfDomain library functions then?

Yes. I don’t know of any other way.

1 Like