Let mapp-database config more easily

Hello everyone, i think that we can do a lot of things using AS.
A scada including Analytics and Control, Energy Management …
Even more , by the way ,It’s a pity that “orangebox” is no longer available and allowed for development. it’s usefull.

Anyway, about the mapp technology, the mapp-databases are not very user-friendly, and the steps for linking databases are a bit unintuitive,
not like aprol , the GUI of SQL is good to use,

So i want to ask if you can improve the mapp-database OR add the example to the mapp framework.
It will be helpfull to develop programs.

I donnot want to use aprol just because the C/S architecture, and the mappview is great.

If you can add a example to the Mapp Framwork about the mapp database,

That would be a great help.
@ Brittany Langston

Hi @jayD, thank you for the suggestion! At the moment we are focused on creating a version compatible with the upcoming mapp 6. Once the dust settles from that, we will consider implementing a framework component for mapp Database!

1 Like

Hello,Brittany
@brittany.langston
I want to ask about how along it will be that the Framework based on AS 6.0 would come to us.
I need it so much!
Thank you.

I donot want to upgrade from Automation Runtime 4 to Automation Runtime 6, i like to develop a full-new version program based on mapp framwork within AS6.0.
Thanks all.

Yeah to be honest this is a working solution but the last 10 percent from a working solution to a nice solution are missing.
Adding a few bindable variables for the servers IP Adress, user and password are essential in my eyes.

1 Like

@kovarj Hello,Mr.Jaroslav,could you tell us about the progress of the mapp-framework based on AS6.0?

@jayD sorry for the delayed response on your question about a as6 based mapp-framework.
We had some personnel changes that greatly affected the team working on the Framework. Unfortunately that let to temporary halt on the project until we can regroup.
First order of business would be the conversion to AS6.0. We did a test conversion a few months ago with an internal release of AS6.0 but that version isn’t compatible with the release version we have today.
In general any project currently running in AS4.12 should convert without too much issue into AS6.0 but I totally understand the desire to have a functioning Framework with all the great import options in AS6.0 and we will get there it will just take some extra time.
Thank you!

I know its a little bit late but I developed an example for mappDatabase a while back

br-automation-com/mappDatabase-Demo: Sample project for a basic recipe system using mappDatabase and mappView (github.com)

2 Likes

it is never late, thanks for link and reminder :wink:

1 Like

Got it, thank you @marcel.voigt
Waiting for your new version :grinning: