MappView LoginSuccess Event only works when Logging in Diagnostics Page

Hi, I created a Login Page and I want to automatically navigate to the Main Page on login success.

For some reason, it only navigates when I either spam-press the login button or when I am actively logging all actions and events via the mapView diagnostics page.
Is anyone else experiencing that issue?

I switched to the newest mappView version 6.8.1 , same issue and additionally I get rate limited very quickly. Any way to turn that off?

image

Best regards, Patrick

In mapView server diagnostic you can log events and check what is going on in the mapView server. As well as in the AS logger, module visualization I would also expect some errors. Without this additional information, I’m not sure if anyone here can really help you.

How are you triggering the login process? Can you share your event-binding?
Please notice: The LoginSuccess event is only triggered if the login attempt was made using action clientSystem.Action.Login.

Please check the logger / console - usually there should be some warnings / errors indicating the problem.
I just tested with 6.8.1 myself, it works for me as expected.

I get rate limited very quickly. Any way to turn that off?

This is a new security feature in 6.8 - which is intended to prevent extensive login attempts to the HMI.
It is currently not configurable.

You are sure, that login and password are correct?

Hi, thanks for the replies.

I’ve found the Issue. Simple user error :melting_face:
I was using the login button Widget to which I linked a click event that also executed a login attempt. So i had two login attempts simultaneously

I removed the click event. Used the data field in the login button, which I somehow missed previously and now it works flawlessly.

Thanks for you help!

Thanks for the feedback. User error is part of our daily business, so all good! :grinning_face: