I’m experiencing an issue with the PLC search function in Automation Studio.
My setup:
Automation Studio 4.12.10
Windows 10 and 11 running directly on a physical PC, not in a virtual machine
The PLC responds successfully to ping from the same PC
When I start searching in Online → Settings → Ethernet, the window stays on “Browsing for targets…” indefinitely. The progress bar keeps moving, but no PLC appears and the search does not finish. Please see the attached screenshot.
Has anyone experienced similar behavior with this setup? Could this be related to Npcap, PVI Manager, or another component used by the target search?
What diagnostic steps or logs would you recommend to identify the cause?
If your system uses PVI 4.12.11.3, this may already be the known issue.
A strong workaround is to test with another PVI version or repair/reinstall PVI/Npcap, and verify Npcap is installed without compatibility mode.
Hi @shenyang.zhou ,
I had same issue last week when I visited a customer, In my case AS was 6.7.1, pvi 6.7.1.
I disabled my wifi and immediately AS was able to connect to the cpu.
Could you also try to connect directly to your target without hub/switch?
I’m sure 6-7 months ago we already studied this case on the community.
=======
You are using AS 4.12, I see now with AS 6.7 we have more settings for SNMP:
Hi @shenyang.zhou ,
I see a similar case for another customer.
It seems we see this issue with AS 4.12.9 or AS 4.12.10 and PVI 4.12.11.3.
The fix is implemented in AS 4.12.11 already available on our website