Is it possible to have one safety application across multiple configurations?

As the question really

I have multiple configurations, but the safety i/o and project don’t change

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

I believe this should be possible with a reference to the package from the “main” configuration.

This can be done in the cpu.pkg file like this:

<Object Type="Package" Reference="true">\Physical\ConfigName\PLCName\mappSafety</Object>

Thanks Tobias, I’ll give that a try

I guess that the safe i/o must be identical to work so I’ll copy and paste that

Brian

Hmm, that didn’t work

Added these to software and it looks better. I can open safe designer, download etc.:

image

Can’t get the pre-configured HMI to work properly now - it looks to be stuck on a file that I saved yesterday

Safe designer disagrees, as does explorer:

No idea which one mappVIEW is using… I’ll keep digging

Brian

Hello,

After a Compile the SafeApplication is stored as a file in the Configuration View. This files are used while transfer to the PLC

MappView is accessing the Data on the C-Partition of the CF-Card of the PLC.
There is a Folder where the SafeApplication is stored after the Transfer with Automation Studio.

  1. Compile SafeApplication in SafeDesigner
  2. Check that the SafeApplication File in MappSafety Folder was updated
  3. Trasfer the grey application to the PLC
  4. Open Default HMI for MappSafety
  5. Connect to SafePLC
  6. Browse for your SafeApplication via Browse Button

Greetings
Michael Bertsch

Thanks Michael

  1. Browse for your SafeApplication via Browse Button

Found the correct one. I have no idea why an old version is shown when you first connect to the PLC, but browse found it straight away

All the best,

Brian

Marking this as solved by posts 2, 3 and 5